Saturday 9 July 2011


Coaching session on the Rothes pond today caused a bit of a stir! The farmer is upset at me using his land and pond to be coaching paddle sports and threatened me with violence and the police.
I accepted his offer of getting the police but declined the violence bit. He declined then to get the police but continued his threatening behaviour towards and refused me access back onto the pond. After being called a number of obscenities I advised him that I was exercising my right under the access legislation and that if he obstructed me in any way I would most certainly calling the police. At this an uneasy truce was established and we got back on the pond for our afternoon session.

Despite this we had an excellent days paddling the open boats and kayaks.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you managed to sort it out peacefully in the end Jim - hope the blood pressure's gone down now! Just goes to show how important knowing your rights is......assuming you were in the right of course :o)
    Gav

    ReplyDelete